I am the editor and web-master of several sites, and it is likely that you have come to this page because you have requested to post as a guest on one of the sites that I am in control of.
Publishing guest posts sometimes creates more work then they are worth, so here are some guidelines to get the post approved.
As long as you follow the spirit of what is written below you will likely be published.
Major Update: Nov 1st 2017
I am closing down all my other personal sites, this will leave only this blog, APN, and Prepper Broadcasting that I will be working on. As a result, I am going to be make a simple rule change to Guest posts on my blog, you have to have your own active blog in a related topic, and I will give you a contributor account here if you follow the rules below. There is no front end guest posting on Wolfe’s blog anymore since the url change from wolfeblog.net to danwolfe.me I will not accept guest posts via email.
These guidelines apply to APN and this blog :
- No drug paraphernalia. Not in content, not in links. PERIOD NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No Conspiracy Posts. None of the sites I work on allow them. It’s as simple as that.
- No Info-graphics as a stand alone guest post.
- No Political Posts.
- No Religious Posts. We recognize that a lot of Preppers are Mormon, Evangelical etc. And that those beliefs are in a lot of ways in-line with the Preppers movement. But there are other beliefs which are not, and in a lot of ways opposed to the mind set of self-reliance and independent thought. We can not accept one with out being forced to accepted the other, so we reject both.
- USA English Spelling and grammar. Yes, I know that Wolfe’s Blog has a lot of UK or Canadian based spelling and format, do as I say not as I do.
- All posts must be related to the topics and categories that already exist on the site the guest post will be published on. No exceptions. For American Preppers Network this means posts about preparedness, homesteading etc are allowed, but not posts about hockey.
- We allow embedded affiliate links, and other links within the post on two conditions. First they can not have a crappy Spam score, the simplest way to find out is to search for the main domain like site:example.com on Google, if there are no results, no link allowed. Second some of the sites use Google Adsense, there is a limit to the number that are allowed on a page, so we just reject those in posts to avoid a conflict with Google’s TOS.
- Every post must have an author Bio. You can link to your site in the Bio, please read How to Write an Author Bio That Doesn’t Suck we do not charge for author Bio links. (Note: Please submit the Author Bio everytime you submit a post because my memory sucks and I’ll mix them up)
- Bio must have an author picture, if you have a login instead of using a form to post, set your gravatar image.
- If the article is obvious native advertising content for a business or company then we can negotiate the rates with them. No expiration. If the article is not an article, but a full page advertisement or promotion, then we’ll charge.
- Articles must be accurate and not make false claims. References are preferred as footnote links.
- Articles must not be plagiarized or copied from another site. Content must be unique. This applies to ALL sites, even Wolfe’s Blog (Updated April 15th 2017)
- The Article / Post will be published in a timely manner, schedules for guest posts are on a per site basis, please see site list below for more details.
- Some sites have special formats for certain content. For example, Wolfe’s Blog has a movie and book review system, access to these are only given if the author has already published a few articles on the site that have met all the above. Affiliate links within these types of posts are also allowed.
- All post must set the feature image. Use copyfree if you do not have your own.
Update for Submissions Guest Posts: (August 20th 2017)
I get over 5,000 emails everyday. So a lot of requests for guest posts get lost, I have change the method to avoid this problem. Each site that accepts guest posts now accepts them via a form on site. You can find the links to these forms below, and a secret word to use in the form. You need the secret word or your post will be ignored. The changed as often as these guidelines are updated. So if the guidelines have been changed the secret word changes forcing guest authors to read this page.
Just for your information, and so I don’t get a lot of emails saying “My Guest Post isn’t up…”. We have an auto-schedule plugin to publish the articles as they come in on all the sites listed below. I have recently started changing them so that they publish at 8am Pacific Timezone (PST) and the schedule is set so that all the posts do not land on the same day. I try to remember to reply to authors and send them a link to the post, and the date it will be published. To be honest, sometimes I forget to tell you it is going up. Most posts are published within 14 days of being received IF they meet the guidelines above.
Regular Authors on APN:
We do at times invite guest post authors to become regular contributors. This largely depends on past performance, and is dealt with on a case by case basis. If you are interested in becoming a regular author for any of the websites below, you can inquire after at least five guest posts. Part of the factor in becoming an author will have to do with your other writings as well as those you have submitted. We do not pay authors, however affiliate links are permitted, and links to home pages.
Regular Authors on DanWolfe.me:
So you want to be a regular contributor on this blog? Here are the rules:
- You have to have your own blog, related to any topic in my topic list.
- Your blog has to be active, and at least 100 posts on it.
- You have to know how to use wordpress (you’d be surprised why this is here)
- If you post here, you keep the copyright, all I ask is that if you re-post it to your blog you wait a year. (schedule the post for a year after submitting and forget it)
- Same goes for me. It’s not required to give me the same on your blog, but it would be nice, I follow the same rules as above. (Generally speaking, I am more interested in writing fiction on steemit right now anyway, I just put this in ‘just encase’)
- It might be a good idea to open a steemit account yourself, I’m playing around with some of the code and API and hope to actually PAY MY GUEST AUTHORS in the near future with steem.
Submission Link and Secret Word for APN:
Please submit guest posts for American Preppers Network Only directly via the submit form even if it is your first time submitting.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 Dan Wolfe